4 Weeks Old

1:04 PM OUR FULL HOUSE 1 Comments

Some fun things I have learned about boys:
  • The are more smelly {although it could be the combo of breast feeding and formula}
  • I think I am pretty fast at changing diapers - they are even faster at peeing!
  • They are easier to get ready because I don't have to find a matching bow that they will pull off and lose later anyways.
  • When they are hungry - they are instantly starving.  With my girls they would start to stir at feeding time and then slowly get to a cry.  With my boys once the 3 hours are up they are starving and they let me know.  They SCREAM!
Some fun things I have learned about twins:
  • They go through a TON of diapers
  • They go through a TON of wipes
  • They go through a TON of outfits
  • I have to do a lot of laundry!
  • They go through a lot of milk! {wither I am pumping or formula - it's a lot}
  • They go through a lot of bottles!
  • Even though they are small - it is very tricky and exhausting to have to carry two at once.
  • It is even trickier to feed them both at the same time.
  • It stinks when they are both fussy at the same time.
  • But it also stinks when they alternate.  I finally get one calm, go about trying to get something done, and one of them is crying.  I get them settled and go about trying to get something done and I hear crying again, but this time it is the other baby... They seriously take turns all day long!!
  • My Dr. said don't wake them up in the middle of the night so they will learn to sleep through the night-  I tried it and FAILED big time. Instead of having to be up for an hour - I was awake at 3:30 feeding Crew, I laid him down, crawled into bed, and within a minute {not kidding} Carter woke up to eat.  So I sadly took him down and feed him, then I laid him down, crawled into bed and within a minute {not kidding} Crew woke up again.  SERIOUSLY!?!  It turned into a 3 hour ordeal and I was SO TIRED!  I have not done that again.  I always wake up the other one when one is hungry.
  • I don't love either one more than the other.  They are both so precious!! 
  • Getting two car seats out the door and in the car is insane.  I should hopefully be getting some serious arm muscles. I don't like to leave them out in the car alone in the heat so I try to take them both in a the same time.  It is very tricky when I am alone.  
  • Getting out the door is tricky!  I have to make sure I have enough bottles, diapers, outfit changes, binky's, you name it!  My diaper bag is not big enough!  I finally put a whole bag of diapers and wipes and other essential stuff in the back of my car so I wouldn't run out.
  • Finally {although I am sure there are more things} having twins gets you a lot of looks when you are out and about - or it could be the twins plus my other 3 kids.  Especially here in Vegas.  I have definitely heard "Are these ALL yours?"  and even "Where they an accident?" RUDE!! I love them all and even though it is a little rough - I wouldn't change it for the world!!


Had my camera out at the perfect time.  SO SWEET!!


Alyvia is a great big sister!
Crew Goes cross eyed a lot - it's pretty funny and cute!


Chloe loves the babies.  She stops whatever she is doing and runs over to give them kisses EVERY twenty minutes {this isn't always a great thing} but at least she loves them!



You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree with Chloe. I love the twins as well and if I was there, I'd also be giving them kisses every twenty minutes.