2014 Women's general relief society

9:45 PM OUR FULL HOUSE 0 Comments

I use to be really good at journaling. I would write in it at least once a week.  I even started journals for my girls and wrote in them too once a week with all the cute stories of cute things they had said. I can hardly find the time, but I do try to update this blog for my parents who live in China so they can see what we are doing.  I figured there is probably not a huge following so tonight I thought I need to just use this for pictures but also for thoughts or stories I want to remember.  so here it goes...

I don't have any pictures but I wanted to remember this day.  We spent this weekend at the viewing/funeral for Tom's grandpa {Next post}

Then afterwards we went with our neighbor and her daughter to cafe rio for dinner and then the broadcast {The Mormon Church}.  It was so fun to have my girls Emma {10) and Lyvi {8} with me.  This is the first year they have ever let the younger girls come.  It was a beautiful conference filled with lots of music, videos and wonderful messages about helping each other learn and grow, that we are all sisters and need to uplift each other, the we have a divine destiny and we need to not compare ourselves to others.

I also loved that President Eyring spoke about how strong satan has become but that Heavenly father has made the youth of the church stronger too.  I look at my girls and how last fast Sunday they both got up to bare their testimonies {Emma gets up quite a bit}.  Our ward is sooo huge we meet in the stake center and I could not make my way up in front of that many {luckily I teach relief society so I get to bare my testimony once a month}

Another story came to my mind about how my girls are showing how strong they are!  When we lived in Vegas Emma came home and told me that a girl on her bus kept saying "oh my G@$" and so she told the girl that it bothered her a little that she said that and if she would please not say that around her she would appreciate it. The girls said "sure, what should I say instead?" Emma replied "You can say Oh my goodness, Oh my stars, Oh my Heavens, Oh my gosh"  To have the courage to say that and I loved how she gave her a list of other things to say.

It was a great broadcast and I am so grateful for the opportunity my girls got to go, and I love getting spiritually feed, I always leave wanting to be a better mother, wife and in general person.  I can't wait for conference next week.  I love conference!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: